- MoPac Expressway (named after Missouri Pacific railroad) and Loop 1 are the same thing. Locals just call it “MoPac.”
- Capital of Texas Highway is another name for Loop 360.
- Highway 71 is also called Ben White Boulevard.
- Research Boulevard is the same thing as Interstate 183. At one point, 183 is called Anderson Lane, and in another section, Ed Bluestein Boulevard.
- When 290 comes into Austin from Houston and hits I-35, it turns into Ranch Road 2222 and runs west out to Lake Travis. On the way its name changes from to Allendale to Northland to Koenig.
- Ranch Road 2244 is the same thing as Bee Cave Road (sometimes called Bee Caves Road).
- Martin Luther King Boulevard is the same thing as 19th Street. Locals usually just call it “MLK.”
- Enfield Road and 15th Street are the same road. When you exit for 15th Street at MoPac, only the name Enfield is used, so this one is important!
- Windsor is the same thing as 24th Street. MoPac’s exit for 24th Street only says Windsor.
- Cesar Chavez and 1st Street are the same road.
- Dean Keaton Street is the same thing as 26th Street in the campus area, though as soon as it goes onto the east side of I-35, it turns into Manor Road.